Elan mimics natural muscle resistance and ankle motion by adapting hydraulic resistance levels to optimise stability when standing and walking, on slopes and uneven terrain. This encourages more symmetrical limb loading, faster walking speed and reduced compensatory movements. The ankle pivot point is optimally positioned close to the natural weight line for a more natural response through the gait cycle.
The result is smoother, safer and more natural walking, helping to preserve the body for the long term.
- Microprocessor controlled self-aligning plantar flexion and dorsiflexion
- Standing support mode increases resistance when stationary to help improve balance, stability, reduce effort and encourage a more natural posture
- Variable response to speed changes
- Increased plantar flexion resistance allows for more energy storage and return when walking quickly or up slopes
- Ankle remains dorsiflexed during swing phase to increase toe clearance and reduce risk of trips and falls
- Batteries contained within ankle
- Increased dorsiflexion resistance provides a brake when walking down slopes for improved safety and stability
Foot shell and glide sock included.
Standing Support Mode
When no movement is sensed, the hydraulics stiffen to assist with a natural standing posture, providing equal socket pressures.
Integrated Micro Connector
The refreshed design incorporates an integrated charging connector with a new LED battery power indicator.
Simplified Clinician Setup
The new software interface has been simplified and refined so that it is now easier than ever for clinicians to set up Elan.
Even Longer Battery Life
The battery life is now even longer with up to two days usage between charges and a low power mode.
Why Elan is Different
On walking downhill, lower plantar flexion resistance allows the foot to fully contact the slope sooner for improved safety and security. At the same time, increased dorsiflexion resistance provides a braking effect stabilising the user for a safer, more controlled descent.
Ramp Assist / Fast Walk
When walking quickly or up slopes, the plantar flexion resistance increases allowing for more optimal energy storage and return. Combined with a softer dorsiflexion resistance, this aids forward momentum, body position and minimises the effort required to walk fast or uphill.
Standing for longer periods has also just got easier. A network of sensors detect the user is stationary, increasing resistance to help improve balance, stability, reduce effort and encourage a more natural posture.
During swing phase, the ankle remains in a dorsiflexed position increasing toe clearance on every step and reducing the risk of stumbles or falls.
Endolite’s Biomimetic Hydraulic Technology mimics the dynamic and adaptive qualities of muscle actuation to encourage more natural gait. Multiple independent scientific studies, comparing Endolite hydraulic ankle-feet to non-hydraulic feet, have shown:
- Greater comfort, reduced socket pressures
- Improved safety, reduced risk of trips and falls
- Smoother, easier and more natural gait
- More evenly balanced inter-limb loading
- Greater satisfaction
Please click on the Clinical Compendium to download the document as a PDF.
Max. User Weight
|Max. User Weight:||125kg|
|Build Height:||170mm sizes 22-26
175mm sizes 27-30
(component weight shown is for a size 26cm without a foot shell)
|Size Side||Spring set||Optional dark tone|
|Communications kit (required for programming should be ordered separately)||406431E|
|Battery charger kit||409087E|
Click the image for full size version.
An annual visual inspection is recommended. Check for visual defects that may affect proper function. Maintenance must be carried out by competent personnel.